Re: novel creator question for python?

No but the server is compiling it. It's not about encryption here, the idea is to modify the code being sent to include some payload that is harmful when compiling, then it will be sent and though it's not directly executed, maybe some cleverly employed cython directive or some code that was purposefully designed to cause the compiler to hang for hours or create massive resulting files that took up loads of memory or other attacks could cause the server to die. I'm no expert in that field I've never tried breaking things during compilation and not sure if it is possible, but if it is it could pose massive security risks to allow server side compilation. I'd certainly never risk it. Even if the data is encrypted when sent, if this game is supposed to be open source I'll just mod the code to have it changed before encryption. I think the only safe option if you really want stories to not be readable is to have the stories hosted on a server, then the client can request certain parts of the story in text.