Re: Favorite audiobook narrators?

I too have grown to prefer reading ebooks with my screen reader. I only like eloquence though. I couldn't listen to an audio created by a TTS voice. I like to read sentence by sentence to stop the synth from just droning on causing my brain to switch off, and I think eloquence is the most consistent when it comes to sentence rhythm. It took a bit of getting used to, but it's worth it because most books still aren't available in audio, and this is even more the case for non-fiction. Not so long ago, I would have thought reading a novel with a screen reader was insane, but I started reading these true crime stories using jaws, and found I really enjoyed them. Then it occured to me that just because they're true, doesn't mean the writer hasn't had to take artistic liberties in order to make the narrative more satisfying. So I thought, if the narrative works with these short true crime stories, there's no reason it shouldn't be the same for a full length work of fiction. And the final straw came when I was listening to the mist by stephen king, and I kept drifting off because the narration was poor. I started reading it with jaws, and realised just how much info I'd missed in the opening hcapter because of how boring the narrator was. Since then I've switched to reading most things in ebook. That said, no TTS could do what Nicol Williamson did on the Hobbit. That wasn't just narration, that was a theatrical performance. So by switching to ebooks, I'm sure I'm missing some gems.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : zub0 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ElizaBaez via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : matt1211 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MikeFont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector