Re: Accessing the internal disk of Digital Book Players

I bet you the BPP has less than a GB of storage. The operating system probably takes up a large chunk of the available space. When you add one Vocalizer voice which is probably 100 to 150 MB plus the human voice clips, there's probably not much to work with. It's a shame these devices have such horrid processors. If someone can get the specs, I'm still very interested.

Why would network browsing be terrible on the Stream? I can see it might take a little while to download large files, but aside from that, it should work okay if you just want to browse lists of folders and/or play files. That would make so much sense on a device like that. Imagine the amount of data you could have instant access to.

If the Stream isn't abandoned, what are they planning next? I haven't heard anything, and the last update was a minor one over a year ago to fix podcasts and add new voice clips. Again, I'm not asking for extremely hardcore features here, just a few more interesting Internet and networking features related to audio, which is what the device was designed for.