Re: Crazy Party: mini-games and card battle! (beta65)

thanks for the help on the keyboard thing. I'm replacing my computer soon enough with another one that will have a keyboard that works just fine, so don't feel like buying a separate keyboard for a lame duck laptop, especially because the arrow keys are still good enough for everything else I play.

Also, I suggested this before, but how about not only your own sounds for battle mode, but also customizable platform game music for mini-game mode. This will allow your imaginary character to be what you want it to be in a game rather than random generic guy.

What I mean is, you could swap out sound effects in order to give your guy a special feel. I'm a fantasy nut so I think it would be cool to get the avatar in mini-games either sounding like a wizard or a knight. The knight is especially easy to do as they already have them in game.

But if I didn't want typical run and jump sounds, and wanted to sound like I was wearing heavy armor, I could perhaps either unlock them through some achievement or scoring something or  use the rewards room.

I have a couple ideas on ways to make this something worth doing and make it part of gameplay.

1. threshold scores for worlds give you alternative avatars: If you score high enough on a world or do every game in a world, even though you usually don't have to do them all, you unlock an alternate avatar. For example, for "The Castle" if you either play through every game on the level in a single playthrough, unlock all games in that world, or get above a certain score in one playthrough, you get "The knight" or "the princess" which alters the basic common sounds for your character in many minigames, such as picking up an object, running, jumping, or dying or swimming. Other ideas for characters might be "The skateboarder" for the city, "The yeti" for the Ice, "The cowboy" or "The mummy" for plains or desert (haven't gotten to either world so don't know about that one enough to say what is better.) and so on.
2. You could unlock avatars for leveling up with all the coins you collect or getting a certain number of objects, thus giving a point perhaps to leveling up.

Just something I was thinking.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kratos via Audiogames-reflector