Re: Guitar hero type games - a potential mechanism

I've been trying to think of a way to translate the guitar hero type mechanic over to audio in a doable way. I like this idea. The audiogame Rhythm Rage can serve as a nice example of what an audio version of Guitar Hero would be like. In my experience, I've been able to complete a lot of the Rhythm Rage levels, but a lot of that success came down to repetition. My point is that I'm curious about whether someone would be able to master the mechanic well enough to play difficult and unfamiliar levels with some amount of success on a first try. The visual mechanic of falling notes definitely can be mastered, but could there be as much success with the same thing represented with audio?