Re: Mini rant... support

a lot of support centres  seem to have people who first answer your call that just have a script sheet in front of them. I think they assume most people calling are just idiots and their basic script will fix the problem. if not, then they hand you on to somebody that actually knows what they're doing. or at least knows more than they do.

it's bloody annoying. especially when you get questions like: can you tell me how many lights are flashing on your router and what color they are. and they won't carry on until you tell them even though you explain you can't see. there is often a language barrier to these places and I have had problems conveying the meaning of the word blind. makes you want to bang your head on the desk when you say, I'm blind and they reply, yes but can you tell me what lights you can see on the modem.