Re: User Guide for Accessible Second Life Client

Cinnamon wrote:

I checked out the SL client for fun yesterday, and yes, I did read through the accessibility guide.

1. I've noticed an annoying lagtime with Jaws when you tab or arrow through the client. Maybe this isn't present with NVDA. I haven't tried.

2. How do I change the look of my avatar? I saw "animations" and "bodyparts" in the inventory menu, but couldn't figure out how to really manipulate them.

3. Is your username the same as your character in SL? So if I'm riding a horse down the street, will my username be the character? I'm used to RPG's, so this may be a bit of a switch in thinking for me.

Cinnamon, let me do my best to answer your questions.

1: JAWS does have a bit more difficulty than NVDA when navigating in dialogue boxes. I haven't noticed the lag in menus that you refer to.

2: In order to change you r avatar, you must have some things to change your avatar to. You will either have to use search via the search window accessed by pressing alt5 or you will have to enter Virtual Ability island where we will help you obtain a basic avatar, and maybe a few extra things if we have them.

3: Your user name is your character name, yes. If you choose, you can change your display name in Radegast.

  • Re: [Audiogam... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: heartssong
  • Re: [Audiogam... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: heartssong
  • Re: [Audiogam... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: heartssong
  • Re: [Audiogam... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: heartssong
  • Re: [Audiogam... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: heartssong
  • Re: [Audiogam... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: heartssong
  • Re: [Audiogam... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: heartssong
  • Re: [Audiogam... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: heartssong
  • Re: [Audiogam... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: heartssong
  • Re: [Audiogam... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: heartssong
  • Re: [Audiogam... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: heartssong
  • Re: [Audiogam... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: heartssong
  • Re: [Audiogam... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: zkline
  • Re: [Audiogam... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Cinnamon
  • Re: [Audiogam... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: heartssong
  • Re: [Audiogam... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: bradp
  • Re: [Audiogam... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: livrobo
  • Re: [Audiogam... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: livrobo
  • Re: [Audiogam... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: heartssong
  • Re: [Audiogam... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: miki123211
  • Re: [Audiogam... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: heartssong