Re: The Girl Who Sold the World - new and highly immersive audio adveture

@Origine Thank you so much for your ideas. Luckily most of them pretty much refelct our prototype draft. I'd like to go a little deeper into this:

1. The current action system P.A.D. (stands for Plan and Do) is made in a 3x4 grid, containing 12 actions. Honestly, I thought navigating through a grid would be too hard, so we planned to let you swipe up and down through all 12 actions. But after reading your points I understand, that it would be faster to navigate if you directly click the appropriate action because you know where it is in the grid.
Swiping up and down would be easy though and would be also present in other functions throughout the whole ear-mode.

Can others of you confirm that a grid would be indeed quicker and more convenient for you?

2. If we'd go with a grid, what would be the maximum grid size? I imagine 3x4 being too small in portrait mode (landscape mode is not supported)

3. As to tapping we will probably also use multi-touch to navigate higher in the hierarchy like the menu. I would go definitely with a double tap to confirm choice, just to avoid touch mistakes. Single tap would be a direct move to the specific grid.

4. As to knowing when the game text ends, the first action or answer is always read aloud and then the next one when you swipe through.

5. With the last one you nailed it. Immersion is key. And we don't want to break it ever. That's also a reason why we don't want to use voice over readers but rather create our own system voice.

I think that's all for now. Thanks again for your engagement, Origine!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LyorahStudios via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LyorahStudios via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mr . brunete via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LyorahStudios via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mr . brunete via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LyorahStudios via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Lirin via Audiogames-reflector