Re: preparation regarding copyright

Ethin wrote:

"Break all the copyright laws you possibly can!"

He didn't quote anyone there, he just inflated and overly exaggerated G97's statement. I do believe he's right in one regard that there is actually close to no actual risk of repercussions. Usually the first time they let you off with a warning as long as you take stuff down, so I say wait till that happens. It's not like Youtube is busy taking down any legitimately hateful/damaging videos or anything...
Besides, @g97: If you are indeed a lawyer. Tell me this. Am I correct in that a copyright troll would first approach the cdn about copyright violation, and then they would approach the host requesting the offending content be taken down? It is my firm belief that the reason they go after Youtube straightaway is, one they're pretty much their own hosting provider, and two they are a direct source of content. Usually most sites that link to third party content have a statement in their terms saying that the site itself cannot guarantee/be accountable for the reliability/availability of these third party sources, as a cta statement as it were.
Again folks, remember that most of us here aren't at all wishing for an all-out removal of all copyright rules on this site, but some definite exceptions such as Mess Apple, Pokemon Crystal Access or maybe even described content for people who cannot obtain it any other way, are quite important. Mess Apple and PCA are important landmarks in audio gaming history, and sometimes, when a company is expected to never listen, you kind of have to do a little indirect backstab for the good. Even if there were a fullproof way to legally obtain PCA, this opens up another can of worms as to whether or not stripping the game via a debugger to get the ingame text is legal or not, so this whole thing is a hot mess with no harm actually being done.
Mess Apple has been covered by mainstream blindness media such as a review of it being allowed on ACB Radio's Main Menu, so if someone were to come after us I'm quite sure there would be a massive, tremendous backlash on the socials.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : blindaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : je97 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : swigjr23 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : je97 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : blindaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : je97 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector