Re: A Note About BSC Games On Windows 10

You can't.
I have the coolsoft vertual midi synth and mapper and while that will work for winamp and windows, the bsc stuff was made for windows xp.
The fact it worked on and up to win7 is due to the fact that windows still had a hardware midi mapper or a windows midi mapper loaded into it.
Unless you have a way to install the microsoft midi mapper or call it microsoft midi mapper then we won't have anything working.
A vertual midi mapper and synth wouldn't work.
If it did, all my midi games would be playing with soundfonts.
I could in theory play any type of game.
As well as a lot of professional sound fonts, I can emulate most other devices nokia, soundblaster, etc easily.
I even have the official sound font banks from the actual sb live and the and the sb live 5.1 that they use some hacked from old systems so I am not short of banks.
To be honest only the older games had midis, I suspect because most of this was before mp3 ogg and other formats.
You wouldn't make games even if they had chip modules now because of compatability reasons.
What you would do instead would to use a chip sound bank to create the audio and have them in audio files, mp3s or oggs a lot use vorbis these days.
I have seen blind people play with chip emulation on a keyboard and it has been a success so I know that can be done.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : UltraLeetJ via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : superb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jonnyboy1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : baby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : gregsteel via Audiogames-reflector