Re: Help with SilverSword IOS game accessibility

Hi welshweyr
.
Unfortunately Silver sword isn't actually accessible yet, it is still waiting on some fixes from the developer,  particularly around the map sinse currently while you can hit the direction controls to turn different directions and move, there is no way to tell where you are, which for all practical purposes makes the game unplayable, sinse there is no way to actually know where to go or where you've been and you just endup stumbling around a aimlessly.

I  have contacted the developer about this, and bought the game myself, and while he was initially quite positive about adding the fixes, (he even created a rtf manual on the  silversword site to replace the pdf one with it's wonkey tables), he has not yet made the necessary changes to the map, and though I sent him a mail recently to check progress (actually just a couple of weeks ago), I've not heard anything back which is a shame.

really, sites should not be listing this game as accessible, sinse it isn't yet unfortunately, and unless the map (and maybe the chest unlocking), get fixed it likely won't be, though I do very much hope this happens.

Regarding the character switching, well it's a little clunky but it's doable.

What you need to do is double tap on where it says a character's name, class etc on the left bottom, and swipe right almost to the center of the screen, then  move your finger up or down in small incriments to change order. To rename, swipe all the way right.  it takes a little getting used to be  it is certainly doable, it's just a shame the  map isn't so easily fixable.

If your looking for truly accessible rpg  or  stratogy type games for the Iphone, I can highly rcommend  A dark room, sort of thing castaways meets exploration rpg, King of dragon pass, which mixes stratogy management of a clan of bronze age people with a magi c rpg, (see the database for details), or the very recent star traders rpg, a game where you fly around with a spaceship buying and trading goods, fighting other ships and exploring planets.

That is one where the developers have! made some great access fixes which they've followed through on.

I would also recommend the choiceofgames and hosted games titles if you enjoy  gamebooks with stats and interactive story type play. Zombi exodous is particularly awsome, and I'm told the most recent release Tinstar is a great one.

For pure audio games, there are the action/adventure titles from somethinelse, papasangre and papasangre Ii, and the nightjar (they're working on a new one too).

There are various other games around as well, but those are what I'd recommend to start with if your into  the sort of stuff I am.

Regarding silver sword, well I do very much hope the developer will come through on the map access, indeed I will mail him a link to this topic to let him know Vi people are still becoming interested in trying out  his game.

  • Re: [Audiogame... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: simba
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: welshweyr
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • Re: [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Guitarman