Sarah and the castle of witchcraft and wizardryA little help?

Somethings up with the sounds that is causing the entire game to lag. at a certain point, the game starts lagging. I've noticed that the sounds aren't fading like they should be, and in some cases they duplicate. For instance when I summon the map out from under the caretakers door, there are two of him talking to the headmaster. when I went into the kitchin, the pear was laughing twice also, elmo... ruuun
Any help? I assume the game is abandoned I couldn't find any info on the website and when I tried emailing it said address not found
I hate to see a game with such potential and so large just fade like that I wonder why it happened, and I'd like to play it if I can manage to fix this. I've been trying to get far enough to save the game in the hopes that loading the saved game will fix it, but the game starts breaking before I ever get that far