Re: Request to google to improve braille interaction without seeing.

Just because those of us that know how to code can fix code we don't like doesn't mean everyone should be told to fix broken software themselves. As I pointed out earlier, FS adopted this mentality at one point and so did GWMicro, and I didn't like it then, either. It absolves the companies--who hire people to fix problems--of the responsibility of fixing them, because well, the community, if it weren't so damn lazy, would just fix it itself. See my roofer analogy above.

Plus, we go right back to the argument that not everyone is a coder, so you can't just expect every person and their mom to jump in and start coding on such a complex project as Android. It's simply not realistic. Most of these people don't even know what a linked list is. Just like hardware is out of the league of many of us, so is software to many others. If DYI was so easy, nowadays everyone and their dad would be a plumber. But...surprise! We still have hardware stores around to do hardware maintenance.

So, again, it's easy for people like you to just come here and write "well...just fix it yourself," but this idea is simply not realistic because now you're assuming everyone has the domain-specific knowledge you do. So you can't use that catch-all as a solution to every open-source problem you come across.

And this is definitely a younger mentality we've got going on here because it's idealistic and based on a premise that simply doesn't hold in reality. I used to think the same way when I was your age, until I realized that people go to school for different reasons--and still more don't go to post-secondary at all.

Also, reading backwards, I don't think anyone said Android is shit. We all have raised accessibility concerns and the lack of a true access effort in Android, which, even I, (not being an Android user) have heard many Android users themselves complain about.