Re: Looking for beta testers

I'm not bringing it up here, for obvious drama reasons, and the fact that you want me too is a bit telling in and of it's self.  It's not like I believe everything I've been told in full, but I can see the potential for it being true in things you do even as of half a year ago, that's what I'm getting at, and it's the same for Carter and Sam just less so and they tend to be allot more willing to discuss previous mistakes, rather than shutting it down ASAP.

To explain it further, your often quite defensive, and you sometimes lose your temper pretty badly for instance and get overly personal and vindictive, other times you seem to be trying to manipulate people into ignoring the past you, rather than facing it more honestly.  I know some people just want to needle you for a reaction, so I can understand dismissing them, but you do it in such a way as to completely invalidate the entire subject, and it feels just like how dishonest public officials do it.  Minimize, redirect, discredit.  You seem to be one of those people who has a harder time than most with (truly) accepting fault beyond just saying it, tending to try and shift the blame to someone else instead.  And I think it's a bit hypocritical that you talk about people steeling hard work from you on the cloning topics.  I mean it's true of course, but you'd probably be better off staying out of those, because it makes you look bad when you take on this mantle of a completely legitimate developer like that when you were just the opposite not long ago, and pretty much everyone remembers.

Your working towards that status with your latest release though, and I think you've definitely improved, but I still wouldn't suggest that people work with you closely for now, just encase they get dragged down with you because of some relapse.
It might sound overly paranoid, but I've seen it happen more than once, particularly with these public beta signups with forgiving requirements and no specific direction.  They usually turn toxic pretty fast, if communication doesn't break down first.