MLB 08, road to the show, did anyone tried it?

hi all baseball fans. I've just played MLB 08 on the PSP, playing the road to the show mode. so far, the mode is pretty accessible, even more accessible if you use an OCR on an emulator.
I have 2 questions here:
1. has anyone tried playing this mode?
2. I've just completed the spring training sections, although I lose some of the matches. suddenly, my player has been assigned to a contract to san fransisco giants for 190000$ for 1 year. I've accepted the offer however when I choose schedule it doesn't work. do I need to select advance season to continue the game?