Re: Monthly chat June 2019

@Julian, I  notice that Rowling changes the characters a bit, which is why ron and Harry got their arsy moments in books 4 and 5 respectively before settling down. I also suspect she wanted to make hermione a bit more flawed after the hole business in Order of the Phoenix where she's suddenly relationship expert, since we're barely five hours into Halfblood prince and she's already being amusingly wrong about things big_smile.

Also btw, in the UK O levels aka Ordinary levels, (the qualifications usually taken at 15),  were renamed GCSE's, that is general certificate of secondary education in 1988, though obviously lots of people who were at secondary school before then like Rowling still remember the old name, hence why she called her secondary education exam in the Hp series ordinary wizarding levels.

@Guitarman I'm afraid I never really got on with King of the hill myself, or bob's burgers come to that, maybe it was that a lot of the references were a bit too American to work over here, I don't know. I did used to watch Frazier quite a bit when it was on TV though oddly enough I've never seen Cheers.

I actually haven't begun a tv series unless you count my intermitant watching of season 11 of Doctor who since I finished Angel, though I have borrowed a hole bunch of battle star galactica dvds from my brother's fiance, although I'm also sorely tempted to get game of thrones since I've only seen up to season 4.

Good luck with the kidsies, rather you than me big_smile.
Oh and Breed memorial rocks. I can't speak about alternative magic as I still haven't fixed the Japanese translator addon for NvdA but since Breed memorial is all in English playing it is no trouble.

Unfortunately, yesterday my mum informed us that a lady who does a local church concert has requested us to sing next week. This is short notice, particularly since I am still recovering from my rotten cold, but hopefully I can put something together, I did recently have a go at the rather awesome dig song from Pocahontas (gotta love a good villain), though we're still looking for opportunities to perform a bit more consistantly and perhaps do things that are a trifle more challenging, there is a gorgeous Handle duet that our singing teacher has suggested.

We also had a rather amusing miner disaster involving a sudden bed collapse big_smile. My mum was vastly entertained by this (she said we'd obviously worn it out), though it is a tad disappointing saying the thing was a wedding present three years ago, and thanks to all the ridiculous fees for my lady's visa we're not exactly abundent with cash at the moment, though we'll see what happens.

So not much to report, but hopefully everyone else is having a good time this summer.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mongoo_4044 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Fuseblade via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Fuseblade via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tmstuff000 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : SkyGuardian via Audiogames-reflector