Re: For beginners. Why is C# better than Python for audio game development

Sam_Tupy wrote:

lol um, ok. We trust in 3rd party libs when we use python too much? I like, don't even know where to start. Better not use C++ on windows because you have to include windows.h unless you want to recode everything from scratch. Chances are the sockets implementation you code from scratch will not be nearly as efficient as the one microsoft set up, which has been tested by millions and millions of people. So you agree with the op? You realize that in C# anything that starts with System in a namespace you are using is most likely part of the standard lib? C# would be pretty useless without the .net framework and all of it's features. So if you agree with the op you are also contradicting your very own point. Everyone uses both 3rd party and standard libs. In C# if you want sound your probably not going to write your own sound library that interfaces with the OS's sound drivers to produce output. You'll use something that's already there, created by people who were solely focused on providing a sound library. As for python, are you saying that it's flawed because other people do the grunt work of coding tasks to work on multiple platforms that are commonly used rather than having the users do that all themselves? At least to me, your point is utterly nonsensical and confusing. I'm really curious to know what you mean when you say we use too many libraries in python. Do you have a phobia of the python import statement? big_smile

it's not that i m totally against using libs, what i say is, it's too mutch n Py community.

Thank you for discovering my import statement phobia smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : goran via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turkce_Rap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector