Re: scanning a book

Brandon, one of Kurzweil 1000's underlying ocr engines is actually the ABBYY Fine Reader engine. So whether you get k1000 or Fine Reader Pro you get more or less the same performance, just different underlying software (and k1000 is more expensive, but it's more than just OCR and also gets you a crap ton of voices.
As for KNFB's performance being possibly downplayed? Somehow I doubt that is intentional since there's quite obviously no full-blown K1000 equivalent for mobile, though it obviously depends on the camera's performance as well (a scanner will almost always do a better job than a camera. I personally use a Canoscan Lide300. While the KNFB Reader for Windows 10 can use scanners, it still does not have any knowledge of tables/columns within documents, so you're on your own there. This is the primary reason why my VR agency decided on a K1000 purchase for me, since even if they could get the KNFB Reader app, they'd rather I have something that actually gets the job done well vs just getting it done.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : siria via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cyco via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : siria via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : siria via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector