Re: Which iOS device, braille i/o, yada yada

The 5S has Apples new A7 processor, which is apparently the first 64-bit processor to be on a mobile device. It is also supposed to be considerably snappier than the 5, although I myself wouldn't know. Personally, I had a 4S for almost two years and didn't see the need to upgrade. From the iPhone 4 to the 4S is a huge leap in terms of speed when using VoiceOver, but at least on my 4S, apart from VO freezing temporarily if you accidentally touch the Ad area in Pandora, for example, I had no issues with freezes or crashes. What I'm trying to say is, if you want the most processor power at your fingertips possible, then go for the 5S. If you want something far cheaper and that will still work well, go for the 4S. You could go the mid-range rout and get a 5 or even a 5C, but if I had the choice of all the options, I would still go with the 4S. Siri doesn't have quite as much functionality on the 4S but I still found it an invaluable tool. What does Siri do on the 5 C/5S that it doesn't do on the 4S/5, anyway?

As far as Braille, I personally like the Refreshabraille from APH, but if you have large hands you might have some issues. It's an 18-cell display, very well built but the keys are quite small. It's also pricy, but that goes without saying. There are also some really dumb issues that VO has when it comes to Braille. There is a really good article somewhere on the web that discusses the specific issues that VO has when it comes to braille. All I really remember from the article, though, is something about if you pause too long when entering a letter, such as P, it will expand the letter P to the word People. You have to then delete the word and start over, making sure not to pause too long between key presses. Other than that, I don't know. I wish I could find the article but I really don't feel like going on a Google hunt right now.