Re: preparation regarding copyright

Ok it's a bit far back in this discussion now but going back to my original statement and jayde's response:
I actually don't know much about liam and what he has developed, but from what he's posted it it doesn't seem like this is an issue from a developer's perspective, but rather a personal moral issue. If I'm wrong please correct me. Also, by that same logic of scaring away developers, couldn't this discussion of cracking down on games with copyrighted sounds also do that? They might just decide that if people seem so strict on this, it might not be worth the hassle to develop an audio game. At the very least it doesn't seem any less likely than them being scared off by the audio described stuff.
Also, this thing of us having agreed to the rules and only now complaining isn't true. Most of us have disagreed with that rule from the very beginning because of this possibility, and left it alone after the mods agreed that the things we were concerned about were a bit of a gray area and they essentially conceded to leave it alone.
I'm also not convinced that your slippery slope argument that talking about audio described stuff leads to all kinds of other piracy is valid. The things you mentioned are distinct phenomena, and it is very much possible to crack down on some of them while leaving others.
And lastly, you keep calling it stealing to bolster your argument, but piracy and stealing are two very different things. Consider this, why is stealing wrong? The way I see it, it deprives someone else of what you have taken. Let's say you steal something from someone who created it, it not only deprives them of the payment they would have gotten for it, but also of the item itself that they put their work into, and consequently they can never get payment for that item. Piracy only possibly deprives that creator of money they could have made for that sale, assuming the pirate would have bought it if they didn't have another option, which isn't always the case. So even though both might be wrong, they really aren't comparable, so please stop calling it stealing, because it really isn't.
Actually, with regards to audio described content, where it isn't possible to legally obtain it, obtaining it illegally has no negative impact on anyone what so ever as the fact that there is no legal route to get it means there are no lost sales. I mean we do have a netflix subscription, so they get that money anyway even though a lot of their content is not available in south africa. So what does anyone lose if I get it somewhere for free?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : je97 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : juan reina via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : juan reina via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : blindaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : je97 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector