Re: New Samurai Shodown!

Little details about the game I've come to appreciate after spending time with it.

As always noticable in Japanese sound design, footsteps are a tad more exaggerated in this game than in others like Mortal Kombat. But I find this helps a great deal with spacing and footsies, because it's fairly easy to hear the characters moving especially while wearing a decent headset, due to the footstep sounds themselves, but also to the minimalistic music which makes up much of the game. I also love that weapons actually make a sound when they land upon someone being disarmed, so it's possible for you to either pick your own sword up if you get disarmed, or sit on your oponent's weapon. The sound is quite quiet, so you won't always be ble to hear it, but if you learn to pick it out it'll be of immense help while playing!