Re: what is a good way to get started in php?

Belov wrote:

Guys, why are you so negative towards Jonikster.
I'm a Senior PHP developer, I work as a Team Lead in a Ukrainian company that develops web applications.
And I agree with Jonikster.
A programming language is just a tool. But PHP can teach bad habits that are hard to get rid of.
Bad learning materials like w3schools also play a big role.
Now Python is more promising.

what the hell, Saying that you are a big developer doesn't give you the write to say what language is good. Neither  does it give you the write, to say that a website is bad.
That is your own speculation,   people can use what ever they want.
it's like saying o, don't read this book on python because I don't like it.
That wont get you any where, and there is no point in making someone abolish there plans  learning about something. purely on someone's possibly  mis-guided assumptions.

Belov wrote:

A programming language is just a tool. But PHP can teach bad habits that are hard to get rid of.

may I ask what kind of bad habit. All languages are different just because you don't like the sintacks of 1 doesn't mean it's bad. again that is more speculation, rather than concrete fact.
in the same line when you say

Belov wrote:

A programming language is just a tool

you then throw that statement out of the window by saying php is different, and saying it's worse.
Saying a language is worse than other's, is like saying a porsh is worse than a old truck because it can drive much faster. All things are built for different   purposes,
I could say to you, to go and build a small website for me using php. that would be a peace of cake wouldn't it?
but then, lets say I told you to go and build a AI program that, would use your microphone for voice recognition. then it would try to find out using a algorithm if you were mail or themail.
that would be much easier to do in python than in php wouldn't it?
you don't have things like TensorFlow or  Theano in php.
but you do in python.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Belov via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ilya via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ilya via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ilya via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ilya via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ilya via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Belov via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector