Re: Stop punishing developers trying to make their games accessible

What if the situation becomes reversed? What if we give them five stars and it turns out accessibility falls short of expectations? I'm not saying this will happen or we should expect this to be the case, but the common theme among all these answers is that we should praise this dev team through five-star ratings because of the idiocy they had to deal with from the person described in post 1 so they don't lose their ignited spark of ambition to make their app accessible.
I don't want to give something I haven't even tried using any rating let alone a five-star one just to let the developers know I appreciate their efforts towards making their app accessible to me. I can do that through an email or a phone call. If it turns out that these channels of communication prove to be ineffective, then I'd strongly question if this company cares more about their ratings than they do about their customers' satisfaction. While I agree the negative review is outrageously inappropriate and unacceptable, I don't think playing a game of "battle the bad rating" is the right approach, nor do I think this dev team should only be looking for what one review says versus a whole community, especially when we can take the time to have a personal connection with them, not a unidirectional rating/review. I understand how this poor dev feels, and she shouldn't feel invalidated for her emotions; however, I just felt like the focus of her complaint rested heavily on the rating, and that rubs me the wrong way.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ZK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Perry Simm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Turkce_Rap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Garr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : deathtime via Audiogames-reflector