empiremud on windows?

so, I wanted to play a bit with empiremud in locale, just to fool around on my own with buildings and all when I'm not online. And I even got a copy of the latest empiremud, isn't it great?
No, it isn't, cause it is an unix thing it seems, and I'm on Windows. Plus it's to be compiled, and since my knowledge of programming limits itself to "uuuuh what a nice bunch of letters and codes!" I wouldn't even know, more or less, where to start from...
Is my dream of getting myself a windowsable copy of empiremud just a hopeless dream, to be trashed with my being a multimillionaire dream, or is there a solution? What am I to do?