Soulcalibur vi, some questions regarding Libra of souls.

Hey everyone.

I just played through libra of souls without really exploring or doing any side missions.

I wanted to play again with another character and this time I want to explore everything as thurrougly as possible.
From the few exploration runs I have done I often found my self traveling to locations where nothing happened. I traveled, I had an encounter in the midst of the jurney, but when I was at my destination, I didn't have any storie prompts or things like that.

Also, I have a question regarding the food. Throughout the storie you receive some food items which increase health or something like that, but I yet didn't find a way on how to consume these items, does someone know how this is done?

Greetings moritz.