Re: Windows Imaging Backup Tools: Questions and asking for recommendations

The thing is pretty simple: As soon as you switch from Legacy BIOS to UEFI boot mode, you cannot use any Legacy BIOS Windows version anymore, due to fundamental changes (UEFI requires GPT-partitioned hard drives, whereas Legacy BIOS requires MBR and so forth). Drive Snapshot should work fine now to back up an UEFI system and restore it back to a UEFI system. Just mixing between both (restoring Legacy BIOS to UEFI or UEFI to Legacy BIOS) cannot work.
That said, Macrium Reflect is accessible and can deffinitely do what you want, even more than that, but I'm not sure about the features available in free mode, since I purchased the Home version earlier. But i'm pretty sure that Drive Snapshot should work now too.
Best Regards.
Hijacker