Re: a blanket ban on discussion of games made by certain developers

I'll start with the initial interpretation I had.
Agreed @Carter. Not to mention, I know that at least Sam has not caused this drama himself. The toxic community came from the nature of the game - online, central server, free to play, unsteady rules (that one is a bit more on Sam and Carter and the other admins), not from anything Sam did directly. He's a perfect example of how using other's actions to penalize an innocent individual would be a terrible idea.
I honestly wouldn't mind someone telling Mason and Ivan to back off posting until they got things together, I.E. committed in the case of Ivan to charging or not charging, leaving things up or down etc, and emotional stability among other things for Mason, but even Still as Carter said, oppressing them would be a bad idea. Ultimately their stupid choices are and have made a bad name for them as developers, but their players do have the choice not to play. Realize that appressing someone's annoying discussion would just result in the drama starters to find something else to start drama over. We should go after the people actually causing drama rather than the thing the drama is about.
Now for my second interpretation, which I formed later on because the first paragraph of post 1 seems to set forth a firm idea, while post 2 backs off from it enough to allow an exception. So I gathered that what post 1 suggested was that we prohibit discussion of these developer's games because they cause drama, except for the new releases topic announcing them.Slightly better, because you're not effectively banning them, but still no because it then prevents people from posting legitimate  questions and concerns about the game in an easy to find, clearly marked topic, rather than a thread of 5000 posts. It also prevents the developer from announcing big updates outside of the huge topic. And it prevents all of this by nature, because each of these topics has the potential to turn into a drama fest.
So to sum things up, I like your intentions and I fully agree with you that drama, especially that which involves these developers, is bullshit and it would be really friggin nice if we could find a way to stop it. However, I respectfully disagree with the way you suggest going about it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : UltraLeetJ via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : omer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : electro via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Vulcan_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : rashad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector