Re: April Fool's Day Programme.

@op I was gonna write this long post about how this is what being a dev of anything really is like and all the reasons why and a bunch of examples and stuff, but I'll just shorten it down to this. You should get used to it if you want to develop applications. You just gotta learn to filter out the bad and enjoy as much of the good as you can. I think you had to learn that lesson a bit early by first releasing something like this, but you may be better off for it. You can't please everybody. So guys, this is *NOT! a virus. I can tell you exactly what happened. Basically I got a chat from Adel I think on April fools. They wanted my help writing this little joke of a program that would pretend to give source or whatever, but would in reality just write some sort of useless file as a simple joke. I didn't have much to do so I was like yeah ok whatever sure. So I just spent like 2 minutes writing this random code snippet that showed a couple alert boxes and slowly wrote random bytes to a file that didn't mean anything then exits. I just wrote it out of bordum and sent it to Adel to do whatever they wished to do with it, as it wasn't harmful what so ever. I do think that codev is a bit of a strong word though, as I was never really involved. I just wrote a bit of harmless code for someone because they asked. I do think, however, that the proper thing to do would have been to release the code at the end of April fools rather than in the middle of July when it was long over with and forgotten.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jaidon . vinnie_ware via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jaidon . vinnie_ware via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jaidon . vinnie_ware via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mongoo_4044 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector