Re: becoming a youtuber

@10:
Yes, agreed.....and knowing a few (formerly big) Youtubers....I'll point this out. Nobody gets a thouand subs overnight. It's work, it's time, effort. It's.....effectively a job but you're at the whims of Youtube's systems. Though to correct a point, you'll get roasted for /anything/ at all. Absolutely, positiviely anything. But hey....

For gaming as a whole, I wouldn't get into it unles you got your niche. Everyone leaps on a bandwagon of wat's popular, there's a big vlogger? All the blindies going to vlog, big game coming out....yep, everyone runs to play it. There's a quoete from Yippe Ki Yay Mr Falcon (from his Tube Tycoon series....which is a Youtube simulator of all things), I'll paraphrase since I don't remembr the exact quote.

GTAV had just come out, and Mr Falcon went and got it thinking he'd get subs off of it. Everyone else had the....ya know....same idea, and it didn't work out.

Simple videos can work, if you find your niche. Like GradeAUnderA's videos, simple, comedic (the early ones at least), they had barely any animation put in, but it's what the video was about that struck a chord with people.

And....you do need a good voice too for Youtube, yep. Easy to understand and easy to listen to.

Also, avoid the moddafuggin drama. Or, as much as you can, really. In short, don't piss anyone off, don't use anyone else's clips or they'll start bitching about it, I got a friend who insta-takes down anyone using any of their stuff, even a few seconds of it.

So. Basically: Find your niche, carve it out and.....then watch as bigger channels jump on it.