Re: Announcing Expanding Known Space from Valiant Galaxy Associates

Shane,

At one point we had the planet type assigned in the planet selection menu, but at the suggestion of the beta testers we took it out as it was making things too easy.  Since this information is available in the documentation, there's not any real reason to continue Hiding it.  I will make Aaron cry, and suggest that tthis might be a real easy addition to an update.  We could either put it back, or alternatively, to make m work in the planet selection menu.

The earthlike planets in the game, assuming I don't forget one are: Earth, Terra Nova, Vesta, Vishnu, Grunwelt, Bubba Elyssium, Olympia, and Zion for the Solar Federation.  For the I.U. they are Bolivar, Charlemagne, Gautama, Ishtar, Magellan, Mandela, Osiris, Wovoca and ZengHe.  I have the feeling I"m forgetting one or two, but that's the majority of them.

Dark,

That is an exceptionally fast game.  The AI is a slow colonizer.  We tried various tweaks and hacks to get it to do better, and never came up with a way to speed it up to player standards in normal mode.  However, a lot of the AI's problems often have to do with cash flow.  On higher difficulties, this is less of a problem, and the AI becomes very aggressive at colonization.  It still doesn't do as well as a human player would with those resources, but it's better.

In reference to Earthlikes colonization, etc, I did post a new version of the documentation with more info about spoils of victory, occupation of planets, and colonization and how it works.

I'm glad you whipped them so thoroughly, the Pax Solaris can begin that much sooner in your universe:)

Take care,

Jeremy

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : shane via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector