Realtech Audio drivers 7.1: Not what I want!

So I just got my new computer, a Dell Precision 3520. I tried plugging my headphones into the headphone jack, but JAWS would only come out of the speakers. Instead, I ended up using my USB headphones, which worked perfectly. However, now that I figured out how to get the Realtech Audio drivers into headphones mode, everything is in 7.1, not in stereo. Is there a reason for this?