Re: What do you do when...

@1: Be happy that you reached the alpha stage. big_smile
But seriously, this happens to me too with such a frequency that I'm sometimes thinking if it isn't only stage in which my projects end.
On my computer, I have a big Development folder, which is divided to subfolders according to target platforms e.g. Android, Innosetup, Web, Windows, every that subfolder has other subfolders according to programming language e.g. C++, C#, Dart, Python, etc. and every of that subfolders has at least two projects in case of the least used languages and about 10 in the more frequentones.
When you take in that just on Windows I have folders for about 12 languages and that for example BGT folder has about 70 projects, then the total amount of projects is.... big. big_smile
Of course many of them are just small programs for one thing or support code, but even they cost attention. And i could name at least 10 bigger projects, which I wanted to have complete but was lazy to finish.
So yes, motivation is unstable thing and... isn't enough to finish a bigger project. At least in my case. smile

My personal solution for this problem is to explicitly specify, when and what to do. I can work even on few projects at a time, that's not a problem like I thought before, they all just need to take equal attention.
And the motivation will return with progress, that's my experience. It isn't something you should rely upon when developing. You will have it sometimes and sometimes not. Be happy in case you have it, and believe that it'll return when you doesn't.
I value my projects by their importance for me and not motivation, that's how I avoid motivation problems.

That's at least my personal solution.

Best regards

Rastislav

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector