Re: Announcing Expanding Known Space from Valiant Galaxy Associates

Frastlin,

This game was envisioned as more of a pure strategy game.  We're working on some more story based games in future, but Expanding Known Space was an early project we returned to.  It also is laying groundwork for where we want to go with a possible Interceptor sequel.

In terms of story ideas for possible use, I'm all ears.  We focused at first on the lower hanging fruit to start with.  As you can see, this game is more ambitious than either TKS or Interceptor.  The TKS expansion we're working on incorporated a number of the ideas people here and elsewhere suggested.  Trying to combine it with EKS might be a little daunting, but I think when we release the TKS expansion it'll have a little more to do both in terms of commercial opportunities and in terms of combat.

The main problem with combining the two games, as I see it, is both a historical time period one, and a mechanical issue.  The two games take place 300 years apart.  Further, it'd take a lot more infrastructure to handle the buying of goods on planets, the tracking of commercial opportunities, and the military aspects of the game.  I agree, though, that would make for an intensely complex game with a lot of potential for interesting play options.

Keep the ideas coming.  Take care,

Jeremy

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Smoke-J via Audiogames-reflector