Re: My Original song, Do dogs go to Heaven has been released!

I just feel like if you did a live or unplugged performance, OP you'd give us a fairer shot at the song as a whole. Yes the engineer might think oodles of pitch autotune sounds fine, but.....I'd personally rather have heard a live or unplugged version of the song first, then the studio version and compared them, as it is, well....I said my opinion up there, but I'll paraphrase a few session musician friends:

Engineers are twats who are only interested in if they like it, not the audience.

That being said, there's certainly some good points about the song, the melody as mentioned....but I feel like you need to just, and this is hugely oversimplifying it, either grab a guitar or get somebody who can play well, and get toegether, work out a good music track then put the words over the top of it. The problem I feel is there's a good melody there, but it's swamped by everything else. If the a\autotune wasn't there, or if you recorded a live version, it'd be a different story.
Either way, there's an art to writing and recording songs and that engineer does not quite have the art down yet. Prsonally, I'd have preferred the meloddy to shine through with the words, IMO.

I'm gonna set you a challenge, OP and I'd like you to try it.

You got 30 days to compose, write and record a live, acoustic version of a song that you come up with. It can be this one, it can be something new. But the rules are it has to not have any computerized bells and whistles. If you do end up doing this, I'm keen to hear the results.