Advice about NVDA and Skype, hold the flames!

I've finally got off my large and lazy behind (its just the behind that's lazy, not me), and got my Usb mike working. I have no idea why this wasn't working when I tried it back in 2017, but hay its working now, so I've been having lots of fun seeing how stupid cortana is and searching for things on chrome which I'd probably be quicker typing anyway big_smile.

However, now I have a working microphone, I can hopefully do some fun things with it, like maybe some more castings of the pod in the future.
However, as this topic title says, here I'm just asking about Skype.

I had a skype account around ten or eleven years ago and had some memorable chats to a few people, such as Robjoy which was fun, and now with lots more people having  skype, including friends of mine in RL it would be nice to get that up and running again, heck my lady is also highly interested in Skype what with her having lots of friends and relations in other countries she wants to chat with.

So, could someone please give me some advice about using Skype with NVDA, for example addons, tutorials, ETC?

Note that here I'm primarily interested in voice calls, though I wouldn't be entirely against texting either.

I'll also say that as I've not had any experience of past versions of Skype, any debates about which version is best probably wouldn't be helpful here, I'm guessing that it'd probably be better for me to learn to use the latest skype version, assuming it's not entirely %100 inaccessible either, indeed that is one reason I'm asking here rather than going a merry googling, since I want to be %100 sure that any information I find is relevant to the version of Skype I am going to use.

thanks in advance, and as I said in the subject line, help appreciated but please leave the flame throwers at the door big_smile.