Re: System requirements for audiogames

Niklas, the specs you gave above are far more than enough to run any audio game on the market. Even the new ones. The reason is most of them are written using a single thread meaning they can't use a duel core even if you had one in the box, and none of them have a lot of memory requirements. Most of them are only audio, and don't need the massive amounts of ram required for video game graphics and animation that mainstream games require.

For Example, the laptop I am using right now is a six year old Compaq with 2 GB of ram, a 3.6 GHZ single core Intel Pentium, a 120 GB hard drive, with Windows 7 and there aren't any audio games I can't play on it. Its not by any means a state-of-the-art machine, but it does fine with audio games. In fact, at this point the only question is weather or not the game is Windows 7 compatible not weather or not the hardware is good enough. Hardware wise this six year old Compaq is fine.

My point being is if you have a co mputer made in the last five or six years don't worry about it. Audio games are not memory or CPU intensive. They are nowhere near as hardware intensive as mainstream games.