Re: Blind Misspelling Issue

Yeah, the contractions-as-explanation-for-misspelling thing always bugged me, because I was not allowed to use contracted words on spelling tests. But the only time I had both spelling tests and an electronic means of doing them was part of fifth grade (there were these Vocabulary assignment abominations in 7th-8th grade, but contractions make no difference with words like "obsequious".)
But it's become very clear to me, almost from the moment I met blind people who didn't have the same teacher, that experiences vary wildly, and I got remarkably lucky, education-wise.