Re: What are you guys using as PC protection these days?

Windows Defender for antivirus. You really don't need much more than that if you know what you're doing and don't deliberately visit fishy sites. Adguard for content blocking. I use the standalone Adguard app, not the browser extension, because it works in all browsers, and all other apps as well, so it's a system-wide content blocker. It's paid though, but I got it at a great discount. Before that I used uBlock Origin combined with several other extensions like Privacy Badger, and would still recommend it if you don't want to pay for Adguard.