Re: Domino's Pizza Petitions Supreme Court Over ADA Compliance

livrobo wrote:

#26:
I agree. I'd be all for the lawsuit if it weren't for the supreme court. I'm really not convinced that the precedent game is worth playing here, because if it goes in Domino's favor, I can see that leading to other companies becoming more lax on accessibility.
Maybe the ambiguity over whether or not the ADA applies to these websites and apps is a good thing.

I don't think the ambiguity is a good thing, I just thing this is really horrible timing to bring an ADA lawsuit given the court's current make-up. I'm just hoping this doesn't blow up in our faces, because as you said, this could result in a more lax attitude towards web accessibility.

livrobo wrote:

On another note, trying to discuss this on other social platforms can be a frustrating experience.

I think it's interesting how little the general public knows about accessibility. I understand not knowing specifics about screen readers, but many people get hung up on why we would even be using a website in the first place. That really holds discussion back.

It's also infuriating IMO. Why would we be using the web? Because you can, so we should be able to. At its core, that's all it boils down to. If you have the ability to use something, we should be able to use that same thing too. Sure, it's more nuanced than that, but I think that's the baseline.

flameAlchemist wrote:

does it have to go to the supreme court? couldn't it go to one of the lower courts?

It already went to a federal appeals court  who ruled in favor of the blind person bringing the suit, and Domino's has appealed that decision to the Supreme Court.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hurstseth405 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : flameAlchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : death via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aaronespinozaca via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : je97 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector