Kindle Fire and it's Voice View screenreader. Anybody use it?

I've been looking into cheapo tablets to buy because I don't have one and don't really want to invest in one lol.  I was looking at Kindle Fire, and saw it has a screenreader?  When I did research there wasn't much on it, but I heard it pretty much is a retooled version of Talkback specifically for Amazon Kindle.  Has anybody used this?  I'm curious to find out how it works past the generic "This has TTS" YouTube videos I've been running across.

And yes, I know I could just get a tablet with talkback on it, but as far as the price goes Kindle Fire seems like the best option for a beginner in the tablet world like me lol.