question regarding packing files in bgt

Hi all,

Recently i became interested into the pack files object in bgt. I want to use this to pack the sound piles into a single .dat file, so my games will run even more smoothly then they already do. Also, to create an extra hurde to prevent evwentual sound theft. Cause in an upcoming project, as well as in your_adventure, we want to include hand crafted pieces of music or sounds. But, the chapters i was able to find in the bgt manual, refer to .txt files, it is possible i haven't looked well enough, i will continue my search in the manual after writing this message. But how on earth can sounds be extracted and being played from a .dat file?

I am curious to the replies.

Greetz mike