Trying to use 3D audio with Pyglet

Hi,
So I saw on this forum a while ago that I can use Pyglet for HRTF audio or whatever the name is for 3D audio. However, it doesn't seem to be working. I have written some test files that play sounds with the listener and player moving in different ways but the sound still sounds like it's panning around in a stereo field, much like the audio in BGT. Is there a way to fix this problem? Am I doing something wrong? I really don't want o have to use OpenAl directly, because it's a lot of coding and learning, so if I can find a way to do what I want with Pyglet, I'd be very happy in deed. Thanks!