Re: how can i download the Grizzly Gulch Western Extravaganza?

cmerry wrote:

@lor, I generally post when I am about to stream in a topic here on the forum you can find if you look through my profile, as well as twitter, @cmerry15. you can view archives of past streams at
http://cjm-productions.net/streams/
Regarding GG, I get the following error when attempting to run it. I'm running windows10, not sure what build but I'm pretty sure it's the latest since my pc always likes to update it's self, so.
C:\Users\charlie\Downloads\Bavisoft\Grizley Gulch\setup.exe  dialog  C:\Users\charlie\Downloads\Bavisoft\Grizley Gulch\setup.exe

The requested operation requires elevation.

Hi. Thanks for all the info inc Twitter etc.

I presume that if the GG-win-10 patch is still around it would be good for us all, who want the game, to find a link and get it. So let me know if you find one wink

That said, I downloaded the zip and strangely did NOT have my normal issue of having to "unblock" the downloaded file (in file settings because of being downloaded from another computer... It's a windows thing)... Maybe my windows trusts Dropbox lol.

Anyway, I downloaded... Moved to a memory stick (so I won't lose it... I'm a horrendously messy filer on C drives), unzipped onto same memory stick, Ran both games installers and installed into new folders created by installer itself and on the memory stick at top level i.e. post-install something like "F:/game-name/run.exe". The process still gave me c drive desktop shortcuts to the executable to run the game(s).

I can't think of any reason why you would get an error running it from your C drive when I had no issue on a memory stick.

I know that is all zero help, but at least it explains what I did so you won't be thinking you've missed a trick.

As for the error saying "elevation" in the error...

I never got an actual error but I did have some issues...

My antivirus (admin tool on it... nothing to do with viruses just a helpful popup to do admin things when I install stuff... And I never end up saying yes to the helpful stuff lol) prompted me to protect the game by silencing windows notifications and other background programs. That must be fairly significant as the tool never normally asks me that question when I install things...

As a sighted user I did find that accidentally touching the mouse messed with the game and brought it to various states of confusion sound play wise or just halted it and froze the simplistic place holder pop up screen of the game.

The antivirus setting didn't seem to actually help in keeping it "in focus"/"on top" it was just preventing windows itself interrupting the game.

I found that once I made sure I had closed web browsers and never touched the mouse... Only using arrows space and escape as dictated by the particular game that it all worked fine.

As part of the process I did have to tell my screensaver not to turn on and my power saving not to switch the screen off. Before I did that, the screensaver (not my mouse) would cause the weird stuff to happen... And of course when I woke the screensaver with the mouse the game was then was fully stuck... So I had to keep doing windows task manager "taskmgr" and ending the game that way.

But once you leave the game alone properly I have had no problems using either game... I have only played each maybe 10 mins in total so I haven't achieved much but they seem fine. I was able to save the games and create more than one player too.

Hope that waffle and nonsense isn't too boring and is actually of some help.

- Lor

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : DJEPIC via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : DJEPIC via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : DJEPIC via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : DJEPIC via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jaidon . vinnie_ware via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jaidon . vinnie_ware via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jaidon . vinnie_ware via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Slender via Audiogames-reflector