Re: Warsim, text based randomly generated stratogy

Hello everyone!

Warsim's development is going to go dark for quite some time, I admit I may have been procrastinating on working on the combat update for a little while when I realised the sheer magnitude of it but the time has come as part of a move towards warsim being a more complete game and I need to begin work on it.

The combat system is the core of most complaints about Warsim and it's a fair assessment, I'm always weary of overpromising features in the game so I'm going to share a general guideline of some features I am going to consider, it's likely that a few of them will end up in the game but not that all of them will.

* Prisoners of War and surrendering units
* Special battlefield events (floor collapsing, storm hits, group of mercs arrive and join in, etc)
* Weather/Environments for battles
* Attacking multiple times per year (by having champions lead armies too)
* More variance and strategy from other factions (including based on difficulty)
* Fleeing troops
* Enemies able to hire mercenaries
* And several other things...

Like I say these are more guidelines, there will definitely be things included that I haven't mentioned above but it's unlike all of the above will end up in, happy to hear any ideas too!

The current combat code is big and outdated, I haven't touched it in quite some time and it was one of the first parts of Warsim coded in 2015, a lot has changed since then and I am going to ensure the combat system changes with it.

I may need to consult people on concepts to do with the combat overhaul that I can't decide on or need a hand with conceptually so keep your eyes peeled for any posts! The one downside is the combat overhaul work will mean no updates for likely months, this is serious heavy duty development and it's going to be hard work!

Now I can't let the visible development halt without a little send off, which is why I am announcing the second Warsim 7-Day Develop-a-thon to start on Monday 2nd of September! 50 new Warsim features daily for a whole week so be there!

I want to thank everyone for the support, there are over 14000 Warsim players now spread across the various communities and via steam and beyond and it honestly means the world that so many people care!

I will still be replying to messages and comments on the subreddit, steam community, audiogames thread, and discord so don't be shy!

-Huw

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector