Re: Our most amusing idiotic stories where we screw something up horribl

Oh, here's a good one.

So, I used to belong to a site which is now defunct. As it happens, I connected with two prior partners through that site, and was, at different points, engaged to both of them. The former ended more amicably than not, the latter...exploded, let's just say that and be done. Needless to say, the latter was more on my mind and left more scars overall.
Well, when the site was on its way out, there was sort of a "farewell, it's been a good ride" thread on their forums, and I mentioned all the good times and good things to come from that site. At one point, I said something like "I met two previous partners there, one of whom I was engaged to". This was quite obviously dead wrong, and the worst part? The first partner, the more amicable one overall, found this and called me on it (not on the thread, thank god). I basically had to eat crow and apologize, because she's savvy enough to have known exactly what I did, if not why. She was hurt because she thought I was implying that my engagement to her didn't count; it did, of course, but that's not how I made it look.
Needless to say, I felt about a quarter-inch tall for awhile. I try not to hurt people, but that was just awful.

    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ElizaBaez via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ElizaBaez via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ElizaBaez via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector