taking care of technology

I have gone through 8 phones in 5 years, starting in 2014, when I was 13. As the years went by, I have gotten better with handling my technology. In fact, my 7th phone had absolutely no damage, the battery was just messed up, so I decided to get a newer phone rather than replacing the battery. I regret that.

But 3 of those phones were iPhone 6+, and we all know, those phones were shit.

Now let's talk about computers. I have had 3 surface pro 3's. First one the battery crapped out, second one I think same issue, so those I can't be blamed for. Third one still works, although it has a busted out display, not that I care. I don't use the surface pro 3 anymore because I got a macbook pro 2015. I use that with boot camp. It still works. The damage this computer has taken, a broken control key because I put my nails under the keys too much, I stopped after that, 3 screws in a row missing on the bottom edge, cracked apple logo, it was unlikely to happen the way it did, and scratches from brushing it or bumping it against the wall accidentally when moving it up or down stairs.

I've gotten better. But to a lot of people, it sounds like I am completely irresponsible. But I want to ask this question. Do they think that because of all the visual damage? The dents, scratch marks, cracked apple logo, is that something only sighted people care about? The missing screws too? Having 3 in a row is not a good sign, but I have only dropped my computer 3 or 4 times in the 3 years I have had it, so unless it gets another big impact like that, I don't think it will fall apart on me, and I have 2 screws, so if I wanted to, my dad could put them in, if he could just find a tool that works.

I'm not saying I am not defending the position of not being irresponsible. I still have a lot of responsibility for treatment of my technology, but are these visual marks something only sighted people care about?