Re: How Often are you Grabbed in Public

Got this one pisses me off and I have it constantly!

I admit I might be a bit hyper sensitive about it, since I'm not generally into the idea  of being handled by strangers.
Take today for example. I'm on  my way to my actor's workshop, and decided to stop off at the train station cafe for a cake and a cup of coffee since its been a bloody stressful few days.

I sit down at a table, I have my shoulder bag over one shoulder containing phone, wallet, victor reader  etc, the carrier bag with my cake  on my wrist, a plastic cup of coffee in one hand and Reever's harnice handle and lead in the other.

I sit down  in the chair, put the cup and bag on the table and slip Reever's harnice off and put her lead around my ankle, as I always do, and dump my shoulder bag on the chair next to me.

I'm just taking my victor and earbuds out of my bag (I've got 20 minutes, I might as well read some Stephen King), when a random woman swoops in from the next table and seizes my wrist with one hand as though I'm about to down a cup full of nitroglycerine.

""Be careful!"

She tells me,  reaching one hand  down to touch the outside of my thigh.

I go utterly stiff, this is getting bloody uncomfortable, physically pull my wrist out of her hand and move rather abruptly away from her.

"Excuse me"

I ask, maintaining enough presence of mind not to say ""get away from me you creep!"
The woman takes a step backwards.

"well I was only trying to help, you looked as if you were struggling!"

How exactly sitting at a table and putting a few things down in preparation to drink some coffee can be interpreted as "struggling" I don't know, but I confess I am stung.

"I was just having some coffee"

I tell her rather coldly.

"well you've got your strap round your ankle"

she tells me, clearly under the impression that if a person's eyes do not work, the nerves of their ankles do not work, (bare in mind, my legs are crossed, and said ankle is off the floor, with the thick leather lead wrapped around my calf).

"I didn't want you to trip."

"that is my dog's lead, it is around my ankle because I put it there, so I know where my dog is."

I inform her.

She then buggers off, not even apologising for the fact that she pretty clearly invaded my personal space in a way that were our gender's reversed would probably get her a caution at the least.

Sometimes, I've  thought all blind people should carry a taser for these occasions. Someone grabs you bzzzzt! someone barges you in a crowd bzzzzt!

It'd certainly mean people asked first, grabbed after, and yee gods I get tired of the fact that having none working eyeballs also means I don't have personal space.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : je97 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Vulcan_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector