Re: FIFA Field Cues Discussion

Karen,
I'm completely blind and have played Fifa for more than 10 years or so, either singleplayer with myself,  or with friends on consoles in parties and such, and am very glad that  you've decided to pay attention to this.
I don't know how to make this short but i will try to give you as much as good feedback and info as i can so you could bring very good points on the table for the meeting.
I just want to start by saying If you're blind like me and would like to play fifa,
You must know your team. You have to know who plays where, you must know the current  formation. when the ball is being controlled by  Luka Modric if you know him, as soon as the commentator says luka modric, you'll find out that the ball is in the middle of the field or in the middle of your formation, whether your team is pushed back or pulled forward.
Is this 100% needed? no, but when you know your team it is much more fun to play fifa.
My suggestions to make fifa playable to blind players. I will write them in a very short form, please let me know and i will expand on my ideas here.
1. option to  increase frequency of commentator announcing player in position of the ball. a lot of the time the commentator just don't say the name even though it is in the library and a lot of the time it just keeps talking about something else while important things are happening in the field.
2. audable and/or tactile feedback when you're near the left touchline, right touchline, your opponent's touchline. This is super super important. During these 10 years that i have played i have went out of the field with the ball so many times because i had no idea who i'm controlling or where i am. So many many times, i controlled a left winger and passed the ball out to the left because i didn't know how close i am to the left touchline, or i did not know who i'm controlling at all!
3. audable or vibration feedback when an opposing player is in front of your player blocking your path. you have to dribble or pass backwards or to left or right or pull off a skill move to push the ball  forward and pass the player. Right now i don't know when a player is marking and blocking me so i just move into them and they steal the ball from me.
4. audable/vibration feedback when you are able to cross the ball. The button that let's you to cross the ball into the box only does the cross automatically for you when you are in the final third. otherwise it will lob the ball and won't do automatic crossing. right now there is a 10-20% chanse that the commentator tells you that you can cross the ball. otherwise, you have to guess.

I am ready to explain more, record videos of me playing, record tutorials for other blind players and do more to make fifa accessible and enjoyable to all. please let me know and i will get onto it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : death via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sirpdex via Audiogames-reflector