Re: New Raspberry Pi 4 Announced

Well, this is disappointing. Orca doesn't work in Raspbian. I followed the second guide, but all I hear is "screen reader on" when I press Alt F2 and type orca. Pressing keys results in absolutely no speech. Does this simply not work? If so, this is stupid! Do I really have to wait for Ubuntu Mate to use the GUI? Why doesn't Raspbian come with Orca out of the box? Has anyone written to the Raspberry Pi foundation asking for Orca to be included in the distro?

This is really really sad, especially when the device is designed to be an educational tool. I can still access it via SSH, but really? I guess they never thought that blind people might want to use these. *sigh*