Re: I really need help with my new hp laptop.

Unfortunately as far as i've heard, that's something you'll have to change in the bios settings of the laptop, for which you will need sighted assistance. I do find it strange that the f keys are replaced by media control keys by default, but that has to be changed from the bios settings somewhere. The bios of every machine is different and I can't explore them either, so I can't give anymore help on that.